18 days from now, I will be having the second fitting of my wedding dress.
Anyone familiar with the wedding dress process knows that this fitting is pretty important. Especially when you’re out of state and are hoping to make the second fitting the last fitting!!
SO…is it possible to have an entertaining food blog with a lack of food?…maybe…!
Below is a list of the foods in season right now in California. With a little help from www. epicurious.com, I will try and make these as appetizing as a night out.
My pick of the day! Tomatoes!
Below is the simplest recipe I could find using beefsteak tomatoes.
The healthy swaps I will be making are using Splenda Brown Sugar instead of regular and lightening up a bit on the olive oil.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (preferably flaky sea salt or fleur de sel)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced diagonally
Whisk together oil, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Arrange one third of tomatoes in 1 layer on a large plate, then drizzle with some dressing and sprinkle with some scallion. Make 2 more layers of tomatoes, drizzling each with dressing and sprinkling with scallion.
Tune in tomorrow for my review . I’m open to any healthy feedback!