There is nothing better or worse during the Summer in LA then the Hollywood Bowl!
Nothing better because you can’t beat the energy of an outdoor concert under the stars…but nothing worse because the hassle of stacked parking and the horrors of traffic on Highland might literally beat you up.
That’s why it’s good to know this little not advertised secret available at Public Kitchen and Bar —located in the famed Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel!
Simply call to make a reservation and mention the “Take Me To The Bowl” package which is – a pre-show dinner for two, a bottle of Prosecco, and valet parking at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel ($99 excluding tax and gratuity.)
After dinner you can leave your car at valet and walk up the hill or take a shuttle for $5!
Here is a look at my dining experience—which was expanded to accommodate 3 people for $149 and thus included all 3 options instead of us having to pick two.
Happy Hour Cocktail
The cocktails are not cheap so if you get there early enough stop by the bar before dinner for their $5 Happy Hour Cocktail of the Day! The French Bulldog was delicious!
You could make a meal out of this alone. The portions were so large!
- Kale Salad - Pine nuts, Currants, Pancetta Breadcrumbs, Garlic Vinaigrette
- Neapolitan Meatballs – Tomato Sugo, Pine Nuts, Parmesan
- Burrata – Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Bagnet Vert
I had a substitution for the English Pea Risotto, but I have forgotten the dish L. I assure you it was great though!
- Roasted Jidori Chicken – Crushed Potato, Asparagus, King Oyster Mushrooms, Smoked Spring Onion
- Scottish Salmon – Carrot Purée, Braised Endive, Orange Saffron Vinaigrette
- English Pea Risotto – Mint, Mascarpone, Parmesan
A trio of deserts-my favorite being Rocky Road: A chocolate crunch bar, smoked almonds, and marshmallow cream.
- Hand Crafted Desserts from Chef Rene Baez
As if all of this isn’t enough, you still walk out with a bottle of Prosecco to enjoy a little later.
Here’s hoping I see you at the Bowl!!